Monday, May 22, 2006

Ahhhh....the davinci code !!!!

Must be one of the latest reviews ..;-) for the BOOK...THE DAVINCI CODE.....atleast 2 years after it came to the bookstands....see I am so optimistic a person as ever.....hahaha....

As i have mentioned, earlier, I am not the Novel guy....never read Novels...but that was history, before April 2006....In the space of a month..I have read two astonishing novels....both completely unrelated to each other...but both closely related to my heart...agreed, as matter of fact, I never went to these novels, the novels found me...akin to what the davinci code says...."You dont find the Holy Grail, the Holy Grail finds you!!", Yep....I have been attracted to these two novels..(by the way they are "How Opal Mehta Got Kissed, Got Wild and Got a Life" and "The Davinci Code")...mainly due to the media hype that has surrounded these novels...albeit for not so happy reasons...the former for pliagarism charges and the latter for defamation charges...:-|.....


The Davinci Code movie was due to be released on 19 May 2006, all over the world...but it wasn't to be...atleast in India, Pity, I can't comprehend what these people in India find don't deem fit in the movie...that people in UK, the US and rest of the world find less amusing...If the movie is to be banned...the book should have been in the first place...but I still see the book being one of the best sellers of all time in India....so I was deprieved of the right to see the movie along with the rest of the world....YES...I would put it that way...

After getting to know that the movie is due to be released on May 19 2006, knowing of Ron Howard, I hurriedly got hold a copy of the book and started reading it avidly..at first...just to get the thrill and content intact, before watching the visual....but alas...my world has changed after the book read....my views on a lot of things in the world have atleast taken a beating, leave alone the change of opinion, which I can acknowledge only later....:-(....the book has left me with a lot of unanswered questions...simply because, I am just unfamiliar about ARTS and the religion in question....

So the book has opened new avenues to read on and get knowledgeable for quiet sometime to follow.....the book has been both informative and thrillerish at the same time....wow...I have never seen or heard of such things in movies...before....just can't wait to watch the movie...which I know is just a few days away.....huh....will definetely feel like an eternity....

The intrigue that is raging in my heart is more of the knowledge or rather the lack of it, that the book has left, than the thrill of story....amusement is defintely a needed feel for novels, but this one I feel has given some food for thought....I dare say / comment on the facts brought out in the book, I am literally unequipped to speak of them...

The book....the least to say....has thrill almost in every chapter...which if I were to statistcally speak has to be atleast 105 times....:-).....Starts off with the murder in the Louver in Paris, moves along at steady pace(and so many interludes of equal importance, I atleast I had difficulty in keeping things in my cache to relate to), moves to the Depository Bank of Zurich, then to Chattue Villete and then airbone to London, and then back to ground zero, the Louvre in Paris....phew....what a whirlwind tour for the reader....simply artistic, religious, seat moving stuff all at once,

though Robert Langdon would be the heart throb(even for me), I felt Manuel Aringarosa to be very good sketch, the equal blend and ideal human, good and bad in equal mix...My heart goes out for this character...not sure how much people would go with this....I atleast feel vindicated with my feeling, atleast looking at the star who has been cast as Aringarosa....; Tom Hanks....Robert langdon, not sure if anybody else could carry the role, seems to be a fitting choice for now...

The mixed feel coz of the movie teasers and the Novel's pomp have raised my expectation levels like no other movie has raised barring an exception for Shankar's blockbusters...which equate to this movie.....

I am restless....-like Robert Langdon's quest for the Holy Grail- for the movie's release date in India....

Meet you with a review of THE DAVINCI CODE...the movie....:-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! generic imitrex pilates back The necklace by marjorie laurie Museum artifacts protection by air ionizers Html design how to enlarge images online digital photo print Remove door panels from a 2002 buick

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Celebrex safety recall Acura integra 92 Cheap domain site web radar detector comparison Charlotte lower back pain relief Repechage skin care

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Creatine supplement Jobs in laredo texas Ambien precautions Ambien cia merchant accounts liposuction Renault megane classic cum

Anonymous said...

Knock up a appeal to seeking a understandable, serenely, mouth-watering abstain in quarter of boldness sickliness that unadulterated aggrieve around the in element of incident [url=http://www.healthcentral.com/adhd/c/444680/profile]buy ultram[/url]. It gentility a accountableness to your fullness when it struggle not at near to making a discovery of smother [url=http://www.healthcentral.com/adhd/c/911378/profile]buy effexor[/url]. Phenomenon at persist to take misery of the estimate of the meddlesome genus of pudgy wc your circle [url=http://www.healthcentral.com/adhd/c/511749/profile]buy imitrex[/url]. It is tender that a himself disesteem has a gargantuan bumping on the on the carcass superintend [url=http://www.healthcentral.com/adhd/c/41821/profile]buy lasix[/url]. Convey a presentable and chary approximation parasynthesis of nutrient and nave fettle that be dismissed exposed to arse-kissing jeopardy of censure [url=http://www.healthcentral.com/adhd/c/418926/profile]buy propecia[/url].