Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Orkutting (verb)

Like all the populistic, geekism propelled lingo, the latest entrant also earns respect among the nerds/geeks of today...

Orkutt ing (V.) - to connect with friends (long lost or otherwise); networking

I have been in orkut for quite some time, but haven't used it as much as I have used in the last week. I have also been with Hi5, another way of friend networking, but could benefit, because, I didnt have anybody to network with...and also because orkut was using gmail IDs then, when not many were having gmail IDs..now gmail id has more or less become like a household thing, so that has as well propelled things to new levels... Though orkut isn't a messenger, it is much more than the messenger thingie....

I am able to see a huge network of people from the time I started to till now...wow..so many people, unimaginable...the beauty of this thingie is that even if you hang out with this orkut for hours together, you never get bored...which I found yesterday after spending close to 7 hours in Orkut..:-)...

Orkut is fast becoming the Google of Personal Information Networking Industry...there seems to be a community for virtually everything on earth, much like getting a search result from Google for almost anything under the sun and over the moon...

I see literally everybody using it...Its like this...even if you have an MSN ID and your friend also has one, you still tend to use Yahoo for instant messaging, because you can network to a wider gamut of the society if you have Yahoo... Orkut is synonymous to what I said just now...because everybody is already onto orkut...Hi5 and others will find it difficult to catch up....

The best part is orkut is as fast a using an intranet page, it never feels like internet portal...A note of appreciation is due to the adminstrators of this wonder thing...:-)


ok...time to check my scraps again...c yaa in orkut....

Happy orkutting!!!!

6 comments:

Joy Forever said...

Aah.. Orkutting is fast becoming a rage. My scrap count has increased 100 times (literally) after I joined the job... no wonder our company blocked Orkut!

Rajesh said...

Even my blog count has increased by 200 in just 2 days, because of Orkut...:-)...and u know what, orkut works for some people's AD user id in our company itself...;-)...unfortunately not mine...:-(...

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » » »

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » » »

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! »