Sunday, May 13, 2007

Yaro Yuvan-ukkul Raja-voo!!!!!

This is my version of the popular Chennai-600028 song...Yaro Yaroukkul Ingu Yaaro...!!!!

It aint NEWS when I say that Yuvan Shankar Raja is one of my all-time favourite musicians....coz...thats an established fact....yeap...and you should have noticed me telling that Yuvan is fast becoming a benchmark for Like Father--Like Son....and time's up it seems for the apprentice-ship....

I dare say that Yuvan has indeed graduated to the standards of his father.....People may say that this is controversial...but put this in perspective....And lets try answering a few questions and may be we figure out the fact...

a) Is it because Yuvan is a major-hit like what his Dad used to be in his Heydays..???
Agreed Yuvan has been a hit with every movie of his..!!!! and mass-hits at that ...plus critical acclaim...not the typical remarks you associate with a millenia music director in Tamil Cinema.... but does just that propel him to Dad-dom...which is as elusive and not even ARR has reached at... NO...not the reason for Yuvan -> Raja transition...

b) Is it because of the family-blood...???
Partly YES...:)...Should be hereditary I thought..without which such talent is hard-to-come-by and genius personified....

c) Is it because of the class of music...that Yuvan churns out movie after movie...???

YES...this is the reason...I would say, that he graduated to his father's place...not just hereditary...but on pure merit....Reasons you might be interested...??!!!!

Answer: Have you heard the 4 songs in Chennai-600028, ??!!! *Vazhkaiyai Yosingada*, *Vazhkaiyai Yosingada - Remix*, *Yaaro Yarukkul Ingu - Version 1*, *Yaaro Yaarukkul Ingu - Version 2*....

when I first got to hear those songs....which was by the way pretty late after the song release....*I* for the first time felt that I was indeed listening to The Master(Maestro) instead of his musical-heir....

yes...the instrumentation...the melody component....the SPB -ism....the SPB Charan-ism....and the chitra-ism....the haunt factor...all made all the four songs a Illayaraja treat to me rather than a Yuvan roll-out...

I have enjoyed these songs for the *whole* of last week...and I know how enjoyable...and heavenly they have been and I still relish the experience...and the feel I went through after relishing them....I would wish everybody had that oppurtunity...time...and the eye for detail...that I enjoyed in that last week....

The raison d’ĂȘtre for this blog...is to
a) Sensitize people of the exhilaration I went through with these songs...
b) Wish everybody goes through
c) Self-declare unofficialy that the heir is well...already there....and the music world wouldnt repent throning the heir with the crown that the Maestro Illayaraja held proudly...and one we for sometime in between felt would be un-occupied for a generation at-least...

YES...this is it...Yuvan is the true;worthy;logical;biological heir/successor to the Master/Maestro Illayaraja....and

detractors/disapprovers/aruguers...please..please listen to those four songs...*with a pair of good quality headphones*...then you know what I am blah-blahing....:-)

No comments: