Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Krrish - A Curtain Raiser

One of the most eagerly awaited Indian movies of 2006, this Krrish. Yep...as you would have heard by now, this is a sequel to the runaway hit "Koi Mil Gaya". Hritik Roshan sports the superman-ish character that one usually associates with Hollywood...and supposedly this is India's answer to Superman/Spiderman series...and I believe, if this succeeds (which I hope it should)...dont be surprised if you see sequels to this guy...like Krrish -2 !!!...because, if this fantasy is to the liking of the people of India...there is no reason such things shd not continue...and all that depends on the technical wizardy the movie can offer...coz...though Indian in the make, we would always match this movie with its hollywood brothers...as there is no benchmark Indian film for comparing this!!!..so hopes run high for this film...

last week I saw a spot on Vijay TV's MTP (Mathan's Thirai Parvai)...some exclusive shots of the movie's shoots in Singapore...they are looking cool and pep up the interest in the movie...Songs have become Hits already...so there's national interest in the movie I should say...(Tamil and Telugu versions are also getting released simultaneously)...

atleast I am ready for the movie...much like I expect any Shankar movie...this one's generated tremendous interest in me/public....

I hope for a super hit for Hritik...for the poor guy has put his heart and soul into the character...and seems to have paid off...he certainly looks like a super hero...when we can accept a petite, Toby Maguire as Spiderman...Hritik will definitely sell as Krissh....:-)

2 comments:

Archana Bahuguna said...

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog. You seem to do a lot of movie reviews. Good!

Krishh, yeah I am looking fwd to seeing that movie too. But sometimes I think its a copied idea. Some fantasy or imagination which is MORE "Indian" would make a better bet! Otherwise we wud start comparing them with the English counterparts!

Rajesh said...

Yeah...some how movies...and writing have been my passion...had I had so much interest in my work!!! I could have gone places...hmmm...

Yeah...Krrish..is an Indian response for the hollywood trend...thats more doubly risky...as the comparison is going to be with Hollywood...Have got First day, First Show tickets in PVR, Bangalore tommorow (friday)... :-)...

will come back with the review very soon!!!